The department "Digital Energy" within the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology researches and develops technologies and methods for the operation, planning and security of digitized energy systems and markets. The department is characterized by a strongly interdisciplinary approach and simultaneous access to profound knowledge and works in close cooperation with other departments of Fraunhofer FIT, other Fraunhofer Institutes such as Fraunhofer FKIE and in particular with the Institute for High Voltage Technology at RWTH Aachen University.
Our current offer to partners from industry and the public sector:
- Planning and operation of sector-coupled and automated energy systems
- Simulation and development of central and local energy markets
- Integration and use of information and communication technologies (e.g. blockchain technology) in energy systems
- Cyber physical development environments and research in future energy information networks
- IT security technologies for prevention, detection and reaction